Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Tidbits about Life

A few years ago, one of my good friends gave me a jar, with questions in it to create your personal history. I haven't done anything with it until now. But thought maybe I would just start on it on here. So here is the first slip for today. It says: Tell about your grandparents. So here goes...
Here are a few memories I have of my Grandma Nuttall. When we were younger, we would always get a silver dollar for our Birthdays, in a card from Grandma. On Valentines Day we would get conversation hearts, and Christmas an ornament.(I still have the ornaments, and hang them on my Christmas Tree every Year. I love my Grandma's Sunday Dinner, roast, buttery potatoes, and her green salad was delicious. After I got married, when we would go to Family parties, at my parents house, I would pick my Grandma up and give her a ride to the parties. I enjoyed our visits as we drove up, she always had great stories to tell, and was never afraid to speak her mind on certain subjects. I miss those visits. She was a widow for more than half her life, but was able to be a great mother to 11 children, and a grandmother, and great grandmother. What a great Lady she was!

Memories of Grandma and Grandpa Cary: I loved the sleepovers at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We always got to pick our favorite cereal, and a movie to watch. They would teach us card games( I wish I could remember the games). For our birthdays they would take us shopping, and let us pick out a gift. I loved Christmas at their house. The decorations were amazing, and it smelled yummy, like Christmas. Grandpa(he liked to be called Grandfather) didn't like long speeches, he just liked you to say what you meant short and sweet. Grandma writes poetry, and I cherish the letters or cards she would send me on my Birthdays. Before my Grandfather passed away, we celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Pretty amazing to be together that long. My uncle made a video of all the great times together. I miss you Grandpa! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for all the great Memories.
Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into history.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

Jodee that was so neat to read about Grandma Nuttall and Grandpa Cary, I never knew either of them, and Drew doesn't talk much about them so thanks for that tiny glimpse into their lives!